1. For Office 2010, 2016, and 365, click the File Tab and click on Info, then Check for Issues and select Inspect Document. To view the Personal Information, click on Show All Properties to the right.
In Office 2007, click on the Office Button, Prepare and then Inspect Document. To view the Personal Information before removing it click on Prepare and then Document Properties.
2. Select the content you want Word to check for metadata. Generally, most want to remove personal information. If Word finds metadata, it will prompt you to Remove All. Once you click Remove All, it cannot be undone.
1. Open the file you would like to remove metadata from
2. Click on the “Tools” menu and select the “Protect Document” option
3. In the “Protect Document” window check the box next to “Remove personal information from this file on save”
4. Finish working on your document and then save.
5. Once you have saved the file and this setting has been activated the file will no longer have any identifiable information associated with it.